Posted on: 15 October 2015
In this presentation and workshop, Phil Pearce showed how to use JSON-LD to provide structured information about a website’s content and improve SEO. He gave many practical examples that enabled people to get started with adding JSON-LD to a site right away.
JSON-LD (Linked data based on the JSON format) allows you to use structured data on your website without having to embed it in your markup. While it has officially been recommended by schema.org since 2013, support by Google has significantly grown from the start of 2015.
- Phil’s slides: http://www.slideshare.net/phildpearce/how-can-a-data-layer-help-my-seo
- Some examples of how to use JSON-LD: https://developers.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool/?url=http%253A%252F%252Fsearch4phil.com%252F_testing_script%252F____json_ld%252Fjson-ld-test.html
- All about JSON-LD: http://json-ld.org/
- Google Tag Manager, a tool that allows you to easily add JSON-LD to your site: https://www.google.co.uk/tagmanager/
- Meetup page for this talk: http://www.meetup.com/CodeHub-Bristol/events/221312944/